This course is also available as part of a bundle called “When Things Go Wrong & How to Fix It.” You can save money by purchasing the bundle.
With IRS collection clearly continuing and likely to ramp up in the future, chances that any tax professional will need to be conversant with their collection activities and the methods available to challenge them is increasing. It is to that end this course addressing IRS collections is addressed.
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Identify the rights specified in the Taxpayer Bill of Rights;
- Describe the maximum period of time the IRS may collect taxes due from a taxpayer;
- List the tax payment alternatives available to a taxpayer;
- Recognize the IRS decisions that may be challenged by a taxpayer; and
- Compare the Collection Due Process and Collection Appeals Program.