This course is also available as part of a bundle called “Ready to Retire.” You can save money by purchasing the bundle.
You and your clients face unique challenges today regarding how you record and report retirement income. This course will help you understand the reasons for taxpayer confusion, develop strategies to help your clients, calculate reportable income, and use the proper forms correctly.
We will look at the changes enacted through the SECURE Act and the SECURE Act 2.0.
In addition, we’ll give you some tools for explaining the plan to your clients as well as understand the applicable rules and planning strategies.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to:
- Define the different types of retirement plans
- Identify when a taxpayer must take distributions
- Calculate RMD
- Summarize the use of form 5329 for lack of full RMD
- Explain the rules regarding distributions of inherited plans
- Detail tax planning strategies for retirees