In this ethics webinar, we’ll look at Circular 230 from the perspective of Robert Nordlander, a retired Special Agent with IRS Criminal Investigations.
You’ll learn the basics of the duties and penalties covered by Circular 230. And you’ll hear about common ethical problems that come up and common schemes perpetrated by rogue tax preparers.
Robert will provide real-life examples of violations, both in the news and from his own experience with the IRS.
After this presentation, you will be able to:
- Summarize the importance of Circular 230
- Recall the penalties of violating Circular 230
- Recognize the duties in practicing before the IRS
- Recognize the common problems that arise with clients
- Identify common schemes in false tax returns
- Review real-life examples of violations of Circular 230